Taking a dish from decent to delicious comes down to a delectable sauce. Creamy, tangy and a South African staple, mayonnaise is a real secret weapon in the kitchen. Delicious on its own or jazzed up a bit, we love everything about B-well’s mayo range. Here are four flavoured mayonnaise recipes that can take your top dishes to the next level.
All you need to do is add a few extras to ¼ cup of your favourite B-well Mayo, seasoning to taste as you go. Our range includes Olive & Canola, Reduced Oil, Original Tangy, and Thick & Creamy. All of these products are vegan-friendly, naturally gluten-free, high in Omega-3, low in saturated fats and is cholesterol-free.
- Fold 1-2 tbsp pesto into ¼ cup into B-well’s Olive & Canola Mayo.
- You will never have a boring sandwich ever again with this spread, especially if you reach for the red pepper pesto.
- Make a little extra and store it in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge – it will last for ages and give you a healthy snack in minutes!
SPICY WASABI MAYO
- Whisk 1 tsp wasabi paste into ½ tsp water with a fork.
- Then fold it through ¼ cup B-well Thick & Creamy Mayo.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkling of lime zest.
Take fish tacos to a whole new level of fusion food with this mouth-watering kick.
THE BEST BURGER MAYO
- Add ¼ cup tomato sauce and ¼ cup fiery mustard to your ¼ cup of B-well Reduced Oil Mayo.
- Then gently stir through some finely chopped gherkins.
- Smear it over a grilled burger patty and serve it in a lettuce cup to make it even healthier.
To elevate your sauce, even more, you can add an optional sneaky tbsp of whisky (adults only).
A flavour combo that can never go wrong!
- Simply combine 1-2 tbsp mustard (make it as hot as you like)
- 1-2 tsp honey and ¼ cup B-well Original Tangy Mayo.
For a looser consistency perfect for drizzling, whisk through a squeeze of lemon juice. This makes a divine overnight chicken marinade, salad dressing or party dip.