- Make a simple pasta sauce using lemon zest, juice, olive oil, nuts and parsley and add to freshly cooked pasta: zesty & tasty!
- Jazz up your usual lunchtime salad: take rocket leaves, grapefruit segments, smoked salmon and avo. Dress with the juice from the grapefruit and some olive oil, salt & pepper!
- Freshen up your main evening meal: add lime juice to a coconut curry; splash lemon onto any fish; squeeze oranges over pork chops, or mash into sweet potatoes.
- Use the peel from grapefruit or lemon in a gin and tonic – this adds some serious perfume and brings out the flavour of the gin!
- Add chopped orange, grapefruit or lemon peel to a pan of water and sugar and soften over a low heat. Once dried, add the peel to scone or cookie batter for extra zip in your next baked treat.
- Add grapefruit, naartjie or orange segments to unbaked muesli and add plain low-fat or full-fat yoghurt. Enjoy for a fresh breakfast or mid-morning snack.
- Make a tangy sauce to use for chicken, duck or pork using orange juice, honey, garlic, pepper, chilli and soy sauce.
- Calm yourself from daily stresses by adding lemon slices to hot water and drinking throughout the day. Lemon has a calming effect and is proven to reduce stress.
#LoveGoodFood #LoveFoodMovement #NowInSeason #FreshFromTheMarket #TheatreOfFood #CitrusFruit #HealthyEating #HealthyEatingTips #WinterFruit