We love food, and we’re all about eating to nourish your body, living a wholesome life, and enjoying a feast with friends and family, but we also love taking care of ourselves. The YouFirst range in stores offer a range that is not only healthy to eat, but can be used to benefits your body. Try this “delicious” Coconut & Oat Sugar Scrub for when you need a #SelfcareSunday.
- ⅓ Cup Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- a ½ Cup Oats
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey (for non-vegans)
- *Add a scent (optional): Cinnamon or Vanilla Essence, Coffee granules
- *Essential Oil (optional): Chamomile (great for older skin) / Lavender or Rose Geranium
- Grind your oats in a blender/food processor (*or use whole oats) and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or a glass jar.
- To apply, wash and then rub the scrub gently on your skin in circular motions. (It’s good to turn off the shower while doing this to save water.)
- Rinse off well, et voila!
• Tip •
Replace some of the coconut oil with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Almond Oil.
Know the difference between the Odourless Coconut Oil and the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – make sure you use the Virgin oil for your body/skin. The odourless one is better for cooking.
• Benefits •
- Apple cider vinegar helps restores the PH level of the skin
- Coconut Oil is nourishing and moisturizing
- Oats are a gentle anti-inflammatory exfoliant
- Honey helps the skin retain moisture
PRINT this recipe out here.