The purpose of this notice is to explain to you:
- Why we collect your personal information.
- What personal information we collect from you and how we collect it.
- Who we share your personal information with.
- What your rights are with regard to the personal information that we have about you.
- How we safeguard your personal information.
- This notice may change from time to time to accommodate changes in our business or services or if legal requirements change.
Why we collect your personal information:
- To send you information on promotions, specials and recipes offered by the Food Lover’s Market Group.
- To assist in resolving your customer queries and complaints.
- To select a competition winner from all the entrants
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it:
- We collect personal information from you when you subscribe to receive information on promotions, specials and competitions from us. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, telephone number, email address, province you live in and nearest store.
- We collect personal information from you when you enter any promotional competitions offered by the Food Lover’s Market Group. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, telephone number and email address.
- We collect personal information from you when you complete and submit a subscription form via our social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, telephone number and email address.
- We collect personal information from you when you use our website. This information is used by Google Analytics to improve our users’ experience and to offer more content that is well-received. Like all websites, the type of personal information that we collect includes the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your device is located, the web pages viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our website.
- We collect personal information from you when you contact our Customer Care Department. We collect information that helps us to categorise your query, respond to it and, if applicable, investigate what went wrong. The type of personal information that we collect includes your name, telephone number, email address, store that you shopped at and product that you purchased.
- We use a Facebook generated pixel on our website that tracks whether you are a Facebook user and have visited our website. We use this to create customer target audiences on Facebook.
We do not collect personal information of persons under the age of 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18 you must not provide personal information to us without the consent of your parents or guardians.
Who we share your information with:
- Food Lover’s Market is a group of companies made up of the following brands: Food Lover’s Market, Freshstop, Market Liquor, Diamonds Discount Liquor and Seattle Coffee Company. We will only share your personal information with the brands you give us permission to share such information with. We will not share your information with one of our brands without your consent.
- We will not share your information with any company outside of the Food Lover’s Market Group of companies without your consent.
What are your rights with regard to the personal information that we have about you:
You have the right to:
- Ask what personal information we hold about you;
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you;
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you;
- Object to us processing your personal information in any way.
Please contact our Customer Care Department should you wish us to attend to any of the above:
How we safeguard your personal information:
- While we have implemented reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal information we hold about you, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguard.
- In the event that we believe that the security of your personal information is compromised, we will seek to notify you of such a breach.
Please read the rules carefully. USE OF AND/OR REGISTRATION ON ANY ASPECT OF THE WEBSITE WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES.
If you have any questions regarding our Website, the Terms, products or services, please click here to contact us.
Who owns this Website?
The Food Lover’s Market Website at www.foodloversmarket.co.za is owned and operated by Food Lover’s Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“Food Lover’s Market”), a company registered in the Republic of South Africa under company registration number 2015/365671/07, which has its registered office at London Circle, Brackengate Business Park, Brackenfell, Cape Town.
All rights and/or defences afforded to us in these Terms shall stand to the benefit of our group companies.
Terms and conditions apply
These Terms apply to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be bound by them. They represent our entire agreement with you and supersede all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the extent permitted by law. Please do not use our Website if you do not agree to be bound by these Terms.
Amended or updated terms
We may periodically update or change the Terms without notice. You should check them from time to time, as your continued use of our Website will mean you accept any updated or revised Terms.
Law and arbitration
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any dispute arising in relation to our agreement with you shall, to the extent permitted by law, be referred to arbitration in Cape Town at a venue to be determined by us applying the Uniform Rules of the High Court of South Africa.
Use of our Website
You are welcome to browse or use our Website for your own personal, non-commercial and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. The unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of the content of this Website, the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software, or the creation of any links to our Website from any other site whatsoever, is strictly prohibited.
Unless otherwise specified, the Website is intended for your personal use only. You may not authorise others to use the Website, and you are responsible for all use of the Website by you and by those you allow to use, or provide access to, the Website. You may not impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else when using the Website.
You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that constitutes junk mail, spam, advertising and/or commercial offers. You may not repeat the same posting multiple times in a day or week.
You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is defamatory, abusive, bullying, harassing, racist, hateful or violent. You agree to refrain from ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, homophobia and personal attacks when using the Website.
You agree not to use any sexually explicit language or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is sexually explicit.
You may not provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is encrypted, invades anyone’s privacy, or illustrates, references or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to criminal liability or that otherwise violates any statute or regulation. You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
You are responsible for ensuring that any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material you provide to or post anywhere on the Website does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is provided or posted with the permission of the owner/s of such rights.
The Website may contain graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio and other material that is clearly identified for your use (“Assets”). The Assets are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Nevertheless, we grant to you the limited, non-exclusive rights and license to use the Assets solely as described on the Website, as limited by this Agreement, and provided further that you keep intact any and all copyright and other proprietary notices. This includes the “look and feel” of the Website and the advertising thereon (“the Website Content”).
The Website Content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and is the property of Food Lover’s Market and its authorized service providers. The copying, reproduction, publication, display, rearrangement, redistribution, modification, revision, alteration, cropping, resizing, reverse engineering, movement, removal, deletion, or other use or change by you, directly or indirectly, whether by omission or commission, of any such Website Content, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of advertising, is strictly prohibited.
You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of material obtained through the Website except as permitted by statute or expressly permitted in writing by this Agreement or the Website.
You agree not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer or interfere with the Website or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Website.
Other than connecting to our and our third party service provider’s servers by http requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to our servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator’s passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Website or otherwise.
You acknowledge that Food Lover’s Market and its third party service providers have not reviewed and do not endorse the content of all sites linked to and from this Website, and are not responsible for the content or actions of any sites linked to or from this Website. Linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
You agree to indemnify Food Lover’s Market against any loss, damage, harm, claim or any other cost whatsoever that we may sustain as a result of your use of our Website and/or its contents contrary to these Terms.
We reserve the right to suspend our Website or any part thereof or terminate your account at any time if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using the Website in compliance with these Terms or if we believe the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete.
Any indulgence of extension of time granted to you shall not be construed as a waiver or variation of any of our rights or remedies in these Terms or law.
Use of our Website outside South Africa
Customers who are not resident in South Africa are welcome to use our Website in accordance with these Terms.
Click here to receive our newsletter and other marketing material. You are free to opt out of receiving our marketing material at any stage by clicking here. It may take up to one month for your profile to be updated.
Your privacy is very important to us and therefore any information that you upload on our Website will be stored on a secure server. Our Website makes use of ‘cookies’ which collect data about the device that you use to access our Website. The cookies minimise the possibility of unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, your personal information. We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law. We may do so if you have granted consent thereto.
Whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information and/or credit card details are protected over the internet. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us.
Accuracy of Website content
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our Website is accurate and up-to-date. We do not, however, warrant that the content or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current.
Any comments uploaded by our users or any authorised experts invited as our guests are their opinions alone and do not in any way represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback (“your Comments”) via our Website. We will not respond to, maintain or compensate you in any way whatsoever for your Comments. Once received, your Comments will become our property and we will not be limited in any way in the use, commercial or otherwise, of any of your Comments.
Food Lover’s Market does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Website. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibilities of those who post the statements and do not necessarily represent the views of Food Lover’s Market or its third party service providers. You agree that Food Lover’s Market and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
You warrant that your Comments do not and will not violate the right(s) of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or any other personal or proprietary right. You agree not to disclose, submit or offer any Comments that are or contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material. We disclaim any liability towards any third party regarding your Comments and you shall remain accountable towards any third party regarding any harm caused by your Comments.
All rights, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this Website are owned by or licensed to us. All data and information communicated to or from the Website including its database also belongs solely to us or our licensors. You agree to sign all documents as we may reasonably require in order to assign any rights that you may acquire in the content of our Website. You agree also to waive any moral rights in such content. You are permitted to view, print or store electronically a copy of any information on our Website, including these Terms, solely for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Use of our logos, content and images
You are not permitted to use the content of our Website, our logos or any product or other images that appear on our Website without our prior written consent. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights.
Advertising and hyperlinks
External hyperlinks may appear on our Website. The hyperlinks may not be construed to constitute any relationship between us and any linked third party or any endorsement by us of such third party, and use of or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk. Advertising and other promotional material of third parties may appear on our Website from time to time. We do not endorse such third parties or their products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such material is entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimers and exclusions of liability
Use of our Website is entirely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. We do not warrant that the functions provided by the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. We accept no liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the access or use of our Website. You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our Website. Notwithstanding any other provisions contained herein, our liability arising from any breach of these Terms, negligence or otherwise shall not at any time exceed more than double the monetary value of any order placed via this Website.
You hereby indemnify Food Lover’s Market and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and hereby defend and hold each of them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal costs on the attorney-client scale) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorised use of material obtained through the Website, or from your breach of this Agreement, or from any such acts through your use of the Website.
At Food Lover’s Market & Freshstop we strive to provide the best service and quality to our customers and to comply with the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act at all times. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with an item purchased at any one of our stores, you may return the product as set out in terms of this return policy:
1. DEFECTIVE GOODS:
- 1.1 If you have purchased an item from any one of our stores that is:
- 1.1.1 defective;
- 1.1.2 of poor quality; or
- 1.1.3 not suitable for the purpose for which it was bought
you may, within 6 (six) months of the purchase of the product, return the product to the store at which the product was purchased, together with your till slip as proof of purchase.
- 1.2 Upon return of the product you may elect to receive either:
- 1.2.1 a refund to the value of the returned product; or
- 1.2.2 a replacement of the returned product.
- 1.3 Perishable and grocery products must be returned within the expiry date indicated on the product.
2. NON-DEFECTIVE GOODS:
- 2.1 Due to public health and food safety concerns, we cannot accept returns of perishable and grocery products where you have had a change of mind regarding your purchase.
- 2.2 We will accept the return of a non-defective product on the following conditions:
- 2.2.1 the product is returned within 14 (fourteen days) of the purchase of the product;
- 2.2.2 the product is returned to the store at which it was purchased, together with your till slip as proof of purchase;
- 2.2.3 the product is in its original packaging and is in a saleable condition.
- 2.3 Upon the acceptance of the return of a non-defective product, you will be entitled to exchange the non-defective product for any other item(s) to the value of the returned non-defective product.