FAQ's - COVID-19
We have provided hand sanitisers at the entrances to our stores and to our cashiers to use at till points, as well as briefing and training our cashiers to sanitise throughout the day. Each cashier will also be expected to wash their hands with soap every 20 minutes.
It is a legal requirement for customers to wear masks at all times inside our stores and to continue to practice social distancing.
Yes, we reserve the right of admission and the health of our team members and our other customers is a main priority. For that reason, we will not allow entry if you refuse to wear a mask.
We have distributed information posters in all staff canteens to educate our team members on how to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19. In addition to this, regional managers and store managers are holding regular meetings with our Covid-19 task team. In addition to this, Group CEO – Brian Coppin – communicates to teams through the internal communication channels weekly.
We are not barring any customers from entering the stores if they don’t want to sanitise. However, sanitising of hands and trolley handles is strongly encouraged and that is why we have team members stationed at the entrances with sanitiser.
- Do maintain an appropriate distance between yourself and other customers or Food Lover’s Market team members. The distance recommended by the South Africa Department of Health is 1.5 metres.
- Wear a mask when you enter the store, as per the National Government regulations (asof 1 May)
- Do wash your hands thoroughly before coming to the store.
- Once at the store, make use of our sanitisers for your hands and trolley handles – one of our helpful team members will be at the entrance to assist.
- Try to restrict the number of people you bring along with you to the store, as this will assist with maintaining the 1.5 metre space between customers and team members.
- Please consider carefully what you need and buy in a manner that does not leave others without much-needed items.
We have not raised the prices of any items as a response to the COVID-19 virus and we will endeavour to continue our delivery of value-driven products to our customers. Prices will as always be dictated by market conditions. We will not be profiteering from this crisis and have issued strict instructions to both our stores and franchisees in this regard. If you feel you have had an negative experience in this regard, please contact us on email@example.com including the product, store and price details.
We will follow the instructions from the government. Over and above that, we can confirm that we will not allow our stores to be overcrowded.
Food Lover’s Market does not offer online shopping. We are leaving it to the individual stores to decide if they have the infrastructure and capacity to do this. Our teams are already stretched and we do not want to stretch them even further and we do not want to over promise and under deliver. However, if you are a customer with special needs, you are welcome to approach us at store level and we will assist you.
Please contact your local to store to ask if they have partnered with a delivery service, or if they are offering Call & Collect.
Yes. We will continue to exercise all social distancing protocols as mandated by The South African government and Department of Health. In line with lockdown regulations, as of 01 May 2020 it is a legal requirement for customers to wear masks at all times inside our stores and to continue to practice social distancing.