At Food Lover’s Market, it’s not just about value, it’s also about our values. Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic is guided by these values and extends to the proactive measures we’ve taken to ensure our team, our customers and our communities are safe, informed and supported.
To ensure that we offer you a safe shopping experience, we have put the following measures in place:
- The Food Lover’s Market Group is guided by the South African Department of Health, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases and the World Health Organisation.
- We have convened a Crises Committee, under the leadership of Brian Coppin, to monitor and respond to COVID-19 across our business.
- Our approach to communicating around COVID-19 to our teams, customers and suppliers is multi-pronged and operates on the basis of transparency.
- We are consistently educating our teams – from colleagues at store level to teams in our distribution centres.
- We have contracted professional cleaning companies to conduct regular deep cleaning and sanitisation of our stores and distribution centres.
- Our team members are required to wear protective face masks and have been trained on how to wear and dispose of them correctly. Other hygiene practices that we employ include regular hand washing, sanitisation of hands and surfaces and social distancing.
- All team members participate in a daily wellness check as they arrive at work, which includes temperature checking and being screened for symptoms.
We hope you find this COVID-19 information hub a useful resource as it aims to give you clear information on our processes, as well as our approach to assisting our communities during this time.
The Food Lover’s Market Team