FAQ's - COVID-19
We have provided hand sanitisers at the entrances to our stores and to our cashiers to use at till points, as well as briefing and training our cashiers to sanitise throughout the day. Each cashier will also be expected to wash their hands with soap every hour.
Yes, we reserve the right of admission and the health of our team members and our other customers is a main priority. For that reason, we will not allow entry if you refuse to be sanitised – either using the sanitiser we provide or visibly using yours.
We have distributed information posters in all staff canteens to educate our team members on how to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19. In addition to this, regional managers and store managers are holding regular meetings with our Covid-19 task team. In addition to this, Group CEO – Brian Coppin – communicates to teams through the internal communication channels weekly.
We are not barring any customers from entering the stores if they don’t want to sanitise. However, sanitising of hands and trolley handles is strongly encouraged and that is why we have team members stationed at the entrances with sanitiser.
- Do maintain an appropriate distance between yourself and other customers or Food Lover’s Market team members. The distance recommended by the South Africa Department of Health is 1.5 metres.
- Do wash your hands thoroughly before coming to the store.
- Once at the store, make use of our sanitisers for your hands and trolley handles – one of our helpful team members will be at the entrance to assist.
- Try to restrict the number of people you bring along with you to the store, as this will assist with maintaining the 1.5 metre space between customers and team members.
- Please consider carefully what you need and buy in a manner that does not leave others without much-needed items.
We have not raised the prices of any items as a response to the COVID-19 virus and we will endeavour to continue our delivery of value-driven products to our customers. Prices will as always be dictated by market conditions. We will not be profiteering from this crisis and have issued strict instructions to both our stores and franchisees in this regard. If you feel you have had an negative experience in this regard, please contact us on email@example.com including the product, store and price details.
We will follow the instructions from the government. Over and above that, we can confirm that we will not allow our stores to be overcrowded.
We are constantly being guided on this by the WHO, the NICD and the Dept. of Health. Our stores are controlling the number of shoppers in our stores in order to ensure that social distancing is being adhered to. As a result, we are discouraging entire families from coming to shop. Stores have been instructed to use discretion when it comes to allowing children into our stores during the lockdown period.
We are aware that there are single parents that have no option but to bring their children with them when doing shopping.
If you have a query or complaint in this regard, please contact us.
We want our colleagues to spend some quality time with their loved ones. That’s why we have decided that our store will be closed on Good Friday, 10 April. Our people are our biggest asset and after giving so much of themselves, we believe they deserve a rest. Be safe and enjoy the Easter weekend.