From Brian Coppin, CEO of the Food Lover’s Market Group
We, at the *Food Lover’s Market Group, are fully aware of the COVID-19 virus and the potentially devastating effect it can have on our country.
In line with the President’s address, we give our full commitment to do everything in our power to combat the spread of the virus – while at the same time supplying top-quality safe products to all our customers, from all of our stores.
We will continue to work closely with our health and safety advisors, the Consumer Goods Council of South Africa, as well as the Provincial and National Departments of Health. We are also monitoring advice from the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NCID) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
We will dedicate all the resources we have available to ensure the safety of all our colleagues and all of our customers. This is our top priority.
The measures we will take includes:
- ensuring our staff, especially food handlers, practice the strictest standards of personal hygiene, including washing of hands and sanitising regularly every day;
- sending staff members home if they report to work ill or display any sign of illness during the day;
- having hand sanitisers available at the entrance to all and inside all our stores;
- making sure that all our products are safe and are dealt with in a safe and responsible manner.
We are also determined that to every extent we are able, our stores will stay open and fully stocked.
Lastly, please note that – as management and staff – we will devote all our collective time, energy and effort to ensure that we, as a company and a country, get through this uncertain period.
*The Food Lover’s Market Group of companies include:
- Food Lover’s Market,
- Freshstop at Caltex,
- Seattle Coffee Co,
- FVC International,
- Diamond and Market Liquors
- Food Lover’s Eatery