Below are the terms and conditions pertaining to the #lovethebike competition. This competition can be entered on www.lovethebike.com and ends on 21st September.
- The Promoter is Fruit & Veg City Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“The Promoter”).
- The competition is open to all South African Residents above the age of 18 who are in possession of a valid identity document, except directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- This competition is open from 1st September to 21st September 2016. Any entries received after midnight on the last day will not be valid and not be considered.
- To enter:
4.1 Either register with a new or existing Strava account and sync it with our Food Lover’s Market #LoveTheBike challenge competition at www.lovethebike.com
- The winners will be identified by way of leaderboards on the #LoveTheBike Challenge website. There are three different catagories that all participants are automatically entered into:
- Men – Distance: The most kilometers covered over the period.
- Women – Distance: The most kilometers covered over the period.
- Lucky Draw – Calories: Lucky draw for all riders burning 6000 or more calories over the period.
Participants will only be eligible to win one category. The winner of each category will win a prize consisting of a two-man team entry into the 2016 FNB Wines2Whales Ride which takes place from 7-9 November 2016 to the value of R12 000. There will be a further spot prize element for all entrants who have burnt over 2000 calories, we will be giving away 3x R1000 Food Lover’s Market vouchers (one a week) over the course of the 21 day competition.
- Winners of the three team entries will be notified by telephone, by 25th September 2016 and thereafter confirmed in writing. The organisers will endeavour to contact the winners on the telephone number and address provided. If, however, they cannot be reached after 6 attempts have been made during business hours within a period of 72 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
- Winners of the weekly spot prizes will be notified by telephone, on the Monday of each week and thereafter confirmed in writing. The organisers will endeavour to contact the winners on the telephone number and address provided. If, however, they cannot be reached after 6 attempts have been made during business hours within a period of 72 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable . Failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and a new winner will be selected in their place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that images taken of the winner or staff be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline.
- The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
- Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules
- Except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.