Location: This position will be based in Cape Town Region.
We are currently looking for a Food Safety Advisor based in Cape Town. The Advisor will report directly to the National Food Safety Manager. This position will be responsible for the roll out, implementing and upholding of the company Food Safety Management System.
- Qualifications in Food Technology/Consumer Scientist or Environmental Health and Safety Qualification with prior HACCP or Food Safety Experience.
- These candidates should have a food safety background.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Food Safety
- Retail environment will be an advantage
- Willing to travel to different locations and working in a variety of settings Duties
- Implementation and overseeing operations regarding food safety management systems
- Conducting internal food safety audits of hygiene standards and food safety operations within the stores
- Monitoring of food safety systems within stores,
- Attending store food safety committee meetings and following up on individual stores for corrective actions
- Conducting food safety training at store level/in-house programs
- Insuring compliance with food handling, preparation and storage standards
- Providing technical support to management and team members regarding in-house food safety programs, operational methods, pest control and food production equipment maintenance
- Team Player
- Able to work under pressure
- Very good communication skills
- Use own initiative
- Responsible; able to work without extensive supervision
- Own transport
- Energetic & Enthusiastic
To apply please send your updated CV in a word format to firstname.lastname@example.org