A huge thank you to all our stores who played such a huge part in the success of the Food Lover’s Market Mandela Day campaign, where we contributed by distributing meals to a number of communities across South Africa.
This is in line with our commitment to playing our role in eradicating hunger in South Africa through our CSI programmes where, over the past year alone, we have contributed towards over 1.5m meals! Health and nutrition; especially amongst children, is the core focus of our corporate social investment.
Our stores nationwide worked to find local causes close to their stores, and imporatnly close to the hearts of the staff to support on Mandela Day.
Kate Marais, CSI facilitator says, “Visiting our stores we can never help but be inspired by the passion our people have for supporting the communities we operate in. This passion and understanding of the challenges some of our communities face was the catalyst for our Mandela Day drive.”
“We were delighted by the effort made, the natural leaders that emerged and the big difference we made to small organisations.”
Food Lover’s Market would like to highlight some of our Mandela Day here and give a huge big up to all our managers, store teams, budding photographers and external partners that made it all happen.
- Food Lover’s Market Garden Route Mall deliver fruit and Goodness Gang Plushies to the Moreson Children’s Home.
- Food Lover’s Market Sunningdale donated vegetables to the Department Economic Development to assist with their soup drive in Dunoon. They also contributed 150 hotdog for the kids at Sunshine Educare to enjoy.
- Food Lover’s Market Fig Tree, Jeffrey’s Bay and Metlife Mall, Newton Park and Uitenhage sold a veg combo special just for Mandela day. The combo costs R67 and for each combo sold R6.70 was donated to the Al Fidaa Foundation in PE.
- Roeland Street in Cape Town Central delivered fruit as well as Goodness Gang plushies to the children and elderly housed at Nazareth House.
- Food Lover’s Market Tokai, in addition to their daily donation added 270 doughnuts for the residents of Westlake to enjoy distributed through the Westlake United Church Trust.
- Our Nelspruit Store, in collaboration with the local SAPS Crime Investigation Unit sponsored and helped fill lunch bags for the homeless. You can log into MiTVto see the footage of the fun day.
Well done stores!