Get your apple a day and satisfy that sweet tooth with this healthy snack idea; Apple nachos! Apple nachos (a fancy way of saying apple slice drizzled with peanut butter sauce and toppings) is an A++ for a healthy sweet treat. Make it gourmet and serve it to a crowd for dessert at your next tapas night. Use different varieties of apples to bring in beautiful colour, taste and textures.
Are you more a pear person? Sub out the apples of pears, or do a mix!
- 3 Tru-Cape Royal Gala Apples, thinly sliced (*or other apple of choice)
- 1 Tru-Cape Forelle Pear, thinly sliced (optional)
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 5ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) coconut flakes, toasted
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) dark chocolate, grated
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) pecan nuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the apple slices with the lemon juice and cinnamon until well coated.
- Layer the apple slices onto your chosen serving dish and evenly drizzle the peanut butter over. Lastly sprinkle the coconut flakes, grated chocolate, and pecan nuts. Enjoy!