Our Baked Feta Pasta
This TikTok #fetapasta trend has our mouths watering so, of course, we did a Food Lover’s Market take on the baked feta pasta with extra yummy additions, like olives and blue cheese. Show us your edition of this baked #fetapasta one dish trend using Food Lover’s Market ingredients.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 500ml (2 cups) multicoloured cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers of your choice, deseeded and cut into 2cm blocks
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 80ml (1/3 cup) stuffed green pimento olives
- 3 wheels of black pepper feta cheese
- 100g blue cheese
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- 6 cups cooked pasta of your choice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, peppers, garlic and olives into a baking dish.
- Place the whole feta wheels on top and dot the blue cheese around the dish. Pour the wine into the dish. Season to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the tomatoes and peppers are blistered and cooked.
- Once the veg is ready remove from the oven and slightly break apart the feta cheese.
- Mix the pasta into the yumminess, check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
- Any leftovers can be enjoyed as a cold pasta salad.
Add your own ingredients to suit your taste, like mushrooms, spinach etc.
Don’t like blue cheese? Use another cheese you love, perhaps a Fairview white rock, or a delicious, creamy goat’s cheese.
Can I make this into a vegan baked feat pasta?
Yes, you can, simply replace the feta cheese with vegan feta or cream cheese substitute.