Banana, Apple, and Almond Health Loaf
Fluffy, warm, and wholesomely sweet, a slice of this loaf is a super satisfying snack for that weekend tea-time treat! Bananas, apples, and almonds are great flavour combinations for this delish cake. This loaf is also incredibly easy to make.
Makes one 13 cm x 23 cm loaf
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time45 minutes
- 180ml (3/4 cup) You First Raw Almonds
- 80ml (1/3 cup) You First Odourless Coconut Oil, melted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 eggs
- 180ml (3/4 cup) ripe banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 250ml (1 cup) apple, grated (about 1 large apple)
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5ml (1 tsp) mixed spice
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250ml (1 cup) stoneground cake flour, oat flour or spelt flour
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) almonds, roughly chopped (*optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a 13 cm x 23 cm loaf tin with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse the almonds until finely ground and resembling flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and honey together. Whisk in the eggs, then add the mashed banana and grated apple, making sure to squeeze out any liquid in the apples.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, spices, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract until well combined. Lastly fold in the cake flour and ground almonds.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with the chopped almonds and bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the loaf tin and either eat warm or allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy with butter and a drizzle of honey.
How to make oat flour?
If you can’t get your hands on oat flour, simply grind up whole rolled oats into a flour using a blender.