Broccoli Pesto Pasta for babies 9 months +
The Green Dietitian shares her top nutrition and food tips for feeding babies 9 – 13 months of age. She talks about balancing baby meals, milk feeds responsive feeding, safe consistencies, and feeding your baby 2-3 times per day. This healthy family food recipe is a broccoli basil pesto pasta, that is super easy to make and really delicious with all the nutrients your family and your baby needs. Use fun pasta shapes that are easy for baby to pick up with their hands
- 250g white pasta (shells, fussilli or macaroni)
- 2 cup boiled/ steamed broccoli (stems included)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/4 cup cashews / almonds / walnuts / hemp seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Water / Water from the pasta, as needed.
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions
- In the meantime; Pulse the broccoli, basil, garlic, nuts and lemon juice in a food processor until well combined but not totally smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing. If more liquid is needed, add some extra water or pasta water as needed.
- Mix the broccoli pesto through the cooked pasta and serve.
- Optional: add some soft cooked beans/ meat/ eggs/ fish/ cheese on the side for extra protein