Bulletproof Cup of Chia Coffee
The most satisfying thing about a creme brulee is cracking through that sugar topping into a creamy delicious pudding. If you agree, then you should try the magic chocolate shell! 2 simple ingredients for a chocolate topping that hardens on top of the cold dessert underneath, in this case, we’ve put it on top of a delicious coffee chia pudding, inspired by Thor.
Chia seeds are packed full of protein, antioxidants, and omega 3s. This coffee chia pudding in a mug tastes marvelous and gives you a good burst of energy too.
If you want to make this for the kids, you will need to use decaf or leave out the caffeine. You may WANT to make it for the kids, it’s a fun and healthy dessert for them to enjoy, especially using their ‘hammer of Thor’ to crack into it.
*See note about preparation time.
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- Sugar Free
- 60ml (¼ cup) chia seeds
- 60ml (¼ cup) brewed coffee
- 125ml (½ cup) coconut milk or milk of choice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) honey or maple syrup
For the Top:
- 20g sugar-free chocolate or Lindt 70% (or more) dark chocolate
- 5ml (1 tsp) activated charcoal (Nature's Choice available at Food Lover's Market)
For the Chia Coffee:
- Combine all ingredients in the mug and allow to stand in the fridge covered for about an hour, or overnight to soak.
- Combine all ingredients and place on top of the chia coffee.
For the Top:
NOTE on cooking/preparation time – you need to soak the chia pudding for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
‘NICE’ Cream Magic Shell Edition:
If you’re not one for a chia pudding, then you can make a 3-ingredient ‘nice’ cream instead of the chia pudding. All you need to do is blend up 1 cup frozen banana with 1 Tbsp Plant-based milk & 1 Tbsp brewed coffee, & a touch of vanilla extract.