Roasted Butternut Salad Stack
Roasted butternut salad with a twist, It’s all in the plating! Stack ’em up and impress your guests with this as a salad, side or vegetarian/vegan main!
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
- 1 large butternut, washed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 150g black pepper feta (*exclude for Vegans)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coriander pesto (*Food Lover's Coriander & Hemp Seed)
- 250ml (1 cup) baby salad leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C and slice the butternut from tip to bottom in rounds
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season well with salt and black pepper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Layer the butternut rounds, alternating with the tomato slices, feta cheese and coriander pesto. Garnish the plate with the baby salad leaves, mixed seeds and spring onions.
Make these in smaller towers to serve at your harvest table or for a side dish. Ultimate side or main when you have a vegan/vegetarian coming over.
The *Food Lover’s Coriander & Hemp Seed Pesto is suitable for vegans.