Grilled Chicken, Brie and Fig Burger
Lightly grilled chicken, brie, figs, and bacon…could one ask for a better combo?! All you need is a refreshing glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (from our butcher),
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Signature extra
- virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Portuguese-style burger buns (from our bakery)
- 250g Food Lover’s back bacon
- 100g Brie cheese, thinly sliced (about 2mm thick)
- 80ml Food Lover’s canola mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) sriracha sauce
- Green fig preserve, to taste
- 30g wild rocket
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place them on the braai for 4 to 5 minutes per side - making sure that they are cooked all the way through.
- In the meantime, grill your bacon on the braai until it’s crispy. Place you buns, cut-side down, on the braai to get them crispy.
- Mix together mayonnaise and sriracha sauce and season to taste.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading the sriracha sauce on each burger bun.
- First, place two slices of bacon, then a chicken breast on the bottom bun, followed by the wild rocket, a few slices of brie and a dollop of fig preserve. Top with the other half of the bun.