Chickpea, Oat and Cashew Cookies
Chickpea cookies?! Chickpea flour is a great gluten-free substitute, combine with oats & cashews, these cookies are your new fave snack! Not only are these gluten-free but they are vegan / plant-based, as well as refined-sugar free. Give them a try, you will not regret it.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time12 minutes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cashew nut butter
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) coconut oil, melted
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) soy milk
- 30ml (3 Tbsp) maple syrup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 180ml (¾ cup) rolled oats
- 135ml (1/2 cup and 2 tsp) chickpea flour
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) flax seeds
- 1 flax egg
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a flat baking sheet by lining it with baking paper and spraying it with non-stick food spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cashew nut butter, coconut oil, soy milk, maple syrup and coconut sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the oats, chickpea flour, flax seeds, flax egg, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop out about 1 Tbsp for each cookie and place the scoops evenly apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely for about 30 minutes.