Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
This is not just your regular chocolate banana bread; it has some hidden vegetables. This chocolate bread is so moist and delicious, you might ask how on earth are there vegetables in THIS?! This is a double chocolate zucchini banana bread, with added pumpkin and is vegan-friendly! Not only does this chocolate bread have veggies in it, and banana, but it only has ¼ cup of honey or sugar and is dairy-free. This recipe could be titled ‘Chocolate Bread That is Filled with Vegetables but Tastes Like Brownies’, and is one to save in your favourite recipe book (or bookmark).
Makes 1 x 23 cm loaf
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time50 minutes
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) all-purpose flour of your choice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) corn flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) You First Odourless Coconut Oil, melted
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 5 ml (1 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup or Honey
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pumpkin or butternut, cooked and mashed
- 250 ml (1 cup) zucchini, grated
- 2 x 30 g Carb Smart 60% Sugar-Free Chocolate, melted (or chocolate of choice)
- Fresh cherries, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12 cm x 23 cm loaf tin with baking paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, corn flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together and add the pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, egg and maple syrup. Slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients along with the banana, pumpkin and zucchini.
- Mix until combined and place in the prepared tin. Put the bread in the oven, lower the temperature to 160°C and bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve with fresh cherries and mint.