Coconut Avocado Smoothie
A smooth and creamy green avo smoothie, that taste of tropical flavours of coconut and banana. Part of the Food Lover's Market Freshly #Blended series.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time5 minutes
1) Avocados contains more potassium than bananas and it is loaded with heart-healthy fatty acids.
2) Spinach is rich in iron, calcium and magnesium.
3) Coconut water may reduce blood pressure and support heart health.
4) Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties and may lower blood sugar.
5) Vitamin B6 from bananas is easily absorbed by your body and a medium-sized banana can provide about a quarter of your daily vitamin B6 needs.
4 ripe frozen bananas
2 ripe avocados
Handful of baby spinach
500ml (2 cups) coconut water
500ml (2 cup) water
15ml (1 Tbsp) chia seeds
30ml (2 Tbsp) raw Orange Blossom Honey
2,5ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
Handful of ice cubes
Toasted coconut flakes, to garnish
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and honey.