Tender Baby Marrows with a Crispy Parmesan Crust
A new way with zucchinis, that takes only 2 minutes to prepare and are quick to cook! This is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy baby marrows. Baby marrows are topped with a parmesan crust, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, and roasted until crisp and tender.
This is the perfect side for any dish, to impress your guests with these delicious snacks, or for a roast. These crispy baby marrows are also great for kids who are not a big fan of baby marrow but need their greens.
- Side Dish
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time2 minutes
- 375ml (1 ½ cup) freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 125ml (½ cup) bread crumbs
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) dried oregano
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) dried thyme
- Freshly-ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Signature
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 baby marrows, halved lengthwise
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper and arrange the baby marrow halves on the tray. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.
- Place onto the oven rack and bake until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Grill for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with a dollop of crème fraîche.