Crispy Banana Chips
Wondering what to do with overripe bananas? Have you ever tried banana chips?!
This tasty, sweet-salty snack is perfect for use in place of regular chips and much healthier since they’re baked! They make a terrific lunchbox add-on or after-school snack. The kids will love these. These banans chips are so easy they are to make, it’s time to whip up your first batch! What else is great about these? They don’t require many dishes, so washing up is easy!
Try them for dessert or a sweeter snack with this chocolate hummus or even a cream cheese dip.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time2 hours
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 80°C and prepare 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas into thin slices and lay them evenly on the baking trays. Brush with the lemon juice and sift the icing sugar over.
- Place them in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours or until the banana slices are crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
How to store banana chips?
Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks (if they last that long without being eaten!)