Easy-Peasy Nuggles Cookies
Nuggles Cookies, what are those? If you don’t know Nuggles, you’re in for a treat. Nuggles are the Food Lover’s chocolate-coated nuts, shortbread, and raisins as well as sugar-free chocolate-coated peanuts and raisins. Nuggles are made at our very own ‘chocolate factory’ at Cape Roasters. We’ve added Nuggles to these classic butter cookies to make an irresistible cookie for Santa this year (or for any time of the year).
You can also find chocolate-coated toffee, peanut brittle, and honeycomb at selected stores.
This recipe makes 24 LARGE cookies.
Prep Time25 minutes
Cooking Time12 minutes
- 500g unsalted butter, softened
- 500 ml (2 cups) castor sugar
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 2 eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 500ml (2 cups) Nuggles of your choice (*We used Peanuts)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and spray with non-stick food spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift together all the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture, along with the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until the dough comes together. Chop up half of the Nuggles and add the whole and chopped Nuggles to the dough and gently work it through
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion the dough into golf ball sized balls. Space them evenly on the baking tray and press them slightly flat.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes – it may seem that the cookie is not cooked, but once cooled down you will have a gooey inside.