Festive Gammon with Onion Gratin
Prep Time30 minutes
Cooking Time50 minutes
For the Gammon
- 1x Food Lover’s Signature Gammon Kit
- 500g butternut, cubed
- 300g patty pans
- 200g baby marrows, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g baby turnips, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green, deseeded and sliced
- Handful of fresh thyme
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbsp Food Lover’s Signature extra virgin
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Onion Gratin Recipe
- 6 medium onions, peeled and halved
- 180ml hot beef stock
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sherry
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- Freshly-ground salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups torn pieces of ciabatta (from our bakery)
- 1 cup (250ml) finely grated gruyère
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Food Lover’s Signature extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Prepare and coat the gammon according to the Food Lover’s Signature Gammon Kit instructions.
- To make the herb roasted vegetables; preheat the oven to 180°C. Place all the prepared vegetables in an oven dish along with the herbs. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Stir to combine. Roast in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- To make the gratin; place the onions in a baking dish, cut sides facing up. Combine the stock, sherry and mustard in a bowl and pour over the onions. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast for +- 30 minutes (along with the vegetables) or until just tender.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with ciabatta bits, gruyère cheese and thyme leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
How can I cook gammon?
Many will have their favourite recipe to cook gammon, but if you want to try something new, here are our top gammon recipes:
- Cherry Balsamic Glazed Gammon
- Traditional Gammon
- Sticky Gingerbeer Gammon
- Pete Goffe Wood’s Grilled Smoked Gammon with Pineapple and Chilli Salsa
- Cola Gammon
What other sides can I serve with Gammon?
- Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Sage & Butter Roast Potatoes
- Artichoke Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Butternut Salad with Goat’s Cheese
- Honey Roasted Carrots