Leftover Gammon Phyllo Parcels with Cream Cheese
- If gammon is not your Christmas roast this year, then you can try this recipe using leftover lamb, beef, pork or turkey slices!
- Use leftover roast veg if you want to make vegetarian Phyllo parcels.
- If you have leftover roast potatoes, chop them up and add them to the mix.
- South African
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) butter, melted
- 3-5 sheets phyllo pastry
- 300g cream cheese
- 80ml stuffing
- 60ml (¼ cup) gammon, thinly sliced or shredded (*more if desired)
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) thyme, chopped
- 1 egg
- Freshly-ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a muffin tray and place a sheet of phyllo pastry on your work surface.
- Brush it with melted butter and place another layer of phyllo on top of it, give it another brush of melted butter.
- Cut squares from the buttered phyllo pastry of about 12-15cm and line the insides of the muffin trays. Continue this process until the phyllo pastry is finished.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, stuffing and gammon slices, thyme and egg. Season to taste.
- Scoop the filling into the phyllo cases and bake for 20 to 25 minutes and golden. Serve with fig jam and an ice cold beer.