Gammon and Sweet Potato Bread Sandwich
The best part of about a gammon roast is to enjoy the leftovers the next day, and a gammon sandiwch with our sweet potato bread is perfect! Why wait until Christmas, get your gammon on special and enjoy the Summer with gammon sandwiches for picnics, by the poolside, or at work for those in office.
- Light Meal
- South African
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time2 minutes
- 4 slices of Food Lover’s Market Sweet Potato Bread
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 60ml (¼ cup) tangy mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of leftover gammon
- 2-3 pickles, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Handful wild rocket, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter both sides of the sweet potato bread and heat a griddle pan to a medium high heat.
- Toast the bread until crispy and golden brown and set aside until needed.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the mustard and season to taste.
- Spread the mustard mayo onto the toasted bread and top 2 slices with the gammon, pickles, red onion and wild rocket.
- Close the sandwich with the other toasted slice of bread and feast.
Try out some more festive fillings like gammon with cranberries and brie!