Fresh Buddha Bowl with Green Goddess Dressing
Avos are in season and a Buddha bowl is not quite complete without that ripe avo!
For this bowl, a flavorful Green Goddess Dressing teams up with a selection of fresh veggies to make this ultimate ‘Fresh Buddha Bowl. Green Goddess and Buddha…sounds spiritual right? This delicious bowl will take you to new healthy feels.
You might be wondering what a ‘Buddha Bowl’ actually is? It’s about balance, a balanced bowl of delicious food. Another story goes that “Buddha woke up before dawn every morning and carried his bowl through the roads or paths wherever he was staying. Local people would place food in the bowl as a donation, and at the end, he would eat whatever he had been given,” That being said, usually, a buddha bowl is vegetarian, with a grain base, but we added some shredded chicken and kept it low-carb.
As for the Green Goddess dressing, typically containing mayonnaise, sour cream, chervil, chives, anchovy, tarragon, lemon juice, and pepper. However, later and newer variations include (or exclude) ingredients. Here we have made one using avo, peas and herbs.
- Homemade Products
- Chicken and Poultry
- Light Meal
Prep Time25 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
For the Fresh Buddah Bowl:
- 750ml (3 cups) baby spinach
- 250ml (1 cup) baby salad leaves
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (replace with butter beans or chickpeas for vegetarian option)
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, halved and blanched
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 20ml (4 tsp) sesame seeds
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- 250ml (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 avocado
- ½ clove garlic
- Handful of fresh coriander and parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey
- 250ml (1 cup) Food Lover’s Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- Divide the baby spinach and baby salad leaves in your serving bowls.
- Top with shredded chicken breasts, asparagus, green apple and spring onion. Squeeze over some lemon juice and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve the dressing with the fresh chicken Buddah bowl.