Grilled Calamari Wraps with a Spicy Garlic Sauce
Fresh, tasty, and healthy – enjoy these grilled calamari wraps as a weeknight meal or treat on the weekend! A balance of protein, carbs and fat – this one is super simple to add to your recipe book.
- Light Meal
Prep Time40 minutes
Cooking Time5 minutes
Grilled Calamari Wraps
- 800g Food Lover’s Signature
- calamari rings, defrosted
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
- 60ml (¼ cup) Food Lover’s Signature extra virgin olive oil
- 6 flour tortilla wraps
- 30g wild rocket
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 100g Food Lover’s feta, crumbled
Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 80ml Food Lover’s canola mayonnaise
- 80ml Food Lover’s double
- cream yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) tahini paste
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) sriracha sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) cayenne pepper
- For the calamari; combine the garlic, chilli, parsley, lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Pour the mixture over the calamari tubes and leave
- to marinade for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the spicy garlic sauce by mixing all the ingredients and set aside until needed.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium to high heat and cook the marinaded calamari in batches until they have a slight char to them.
- To assemble the wraps; add a little drizzle of the spicy garlic sauce onto the tortilla, followed by the wild rocket and a couple of slices of
- tomato, and about a handful of grilled calamari. Drizzle over a generous amount of the spicy garlic sauce, and fold the sides towards
- the middle to form a “wrap” (you can even use some baking paper or foil to hold it all together, if you’d like).