Hidden Greens Smoothie
Making sure you are getting enough fruits, veggies, and nutrition when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding is extremely important. The Green Dietitian shares a wholesome, nutritious, and yummy smoothie recipe that is easy to include in your meal plans during this time. Ginger helps fight nausea, the flax and peanut butter are both healthy fats and good proteins, plus your fresh greens.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- 1 cup milk of choice (almond, soy or cows milk)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (no added sugar and salt)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 inches fresh peeled ginger
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.