Ice Cream Bombe
A great South African alternative to traditional Christmas Pudding, especially in our summer weather! Bring Christmas home under the African sky.
- South African
- 1 litre chocolate ice cream
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 100 g glace cherries, chopped
- 100 g glace Festive fruit cake mix
- 100 g hazelnuts, chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, grated
- 50 ml brandy (optional)
- 50 ml orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 packet boudoir biscuits
- Allow chocolate ice cream to soften out of freezer till spreadable. Spray dome-shaped mould (1 litre) with non stick spray.
- Line the inside of the mould with 2 cm of chocolate ice cream and put in freezer to harden.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the glace cherries, fruit cake mix, nuts, chocolate, brandy and liqueur (if using) with softened vanilla ice cream and mix well.
- Remove mould from freezer when chocolate ice cream is hard and turn vanilla mixture into mould.
- Dip the biscuits in a little bit of milk and place evenly on top of vanilla ice cream to form a base for the pudding.
- Place in freezer to firm.
- To serve, turn mould upside down on serving dish and cover with a hot cloth to loosen the ice cream. Remove and decorate with almond praline.