Lightly Smoked Braai Snoek
Snoek and Easter go hand in hand and why not braai a whole snoek over the weekend, served with traditional roosterkoek and cinnamon sweet potatoes?
- Easter Feast
- South African
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
- 1kg Food Lover’s Signature lightly-smoked snoek, defrosted
- 60ml (¼ cup) apricot jam
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vine tomatoes, to serve
- Fresh fennel tops, to garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the snoek on an oven tray.
- Brush the snoek with apricot jam, grate the lime zest over the fish, then squeeze the lime juice over it.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve with vine tomatoes and fresh fennel tops.
If you have leftover snoek, make these delicious snoek burgers with spicy tomato jam: https://foodloversmarket.co.za/recipes/snoekburger-with-spicy-tomato-jam/