Litchi and Mint Chia Water
Chia Seed Water has been doing its rounds online, said to be a great detox drink, morning elixir or even touting for weight-loss. You may get some sideways look when you whip this out to take a sip. Many of our stores have infused water with chia seeds already made, so we decided to make a recipe for you. ‘Chia Fresca; is usually made up of water, chia seeds, lemon or lime juice, and sweetener, but we made one a little more delicious and interesting of course; using fresh litchis, litchi juice, and mint. When chia seeds are soaked in water a gelatinous coating forms around the seed, which makes it very easy to swallow so the seeds don’t get stuck in your throat.
Chia seeds are rich in fibre, and consuming chia seeds water in the morning is said to give a boost to your digestion and improve bowel movement.
It also makes for a lekker poolside drink, besides water or a cocktail!
- 500 ml (2 cups) purified still water
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) freshly pressed litchi juice
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) You First chia seeds
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2-4 fresh or canned litchis, pitted and cut into small pieces
- Combine the water and litchi juice, add the chia seeds and stir. Place the mint leaves on the palm of your hand and slap it 2-3 times with your other hand to release the essential oils without bruising the mint.
- Add the mint and the litchi, stir allow so sit for 10 minutes, stir again and enjoy