Makers Homemade Choc Hazelnut Spread
Creamy, delicious homemade choc hazelnut spread is super easy to make! Cheaper than Nutella, it also allow you to keep out some of the sugars so a lighter spread.
- Homemade Products
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
- 200g roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125-200g icing sugar
- 2 slabs of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place your hazelnuts onto a baking sheet in a single layer into an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they brown slightly - watch out they can burn! Stir them at half way.
- Remove and allow the nuts to cool slightly.
- Rub and roll in a dish towel to remove most of the skins, this makes for a smoother spread.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (one big pot of water, with a smaller pot on top - where you add the chocolate) and set aside.
- Add the hazelnuts to the food processor and allow to run until a smooth glossy mixture forms.
- Add vanilla, salt, melted chocolate and powdered sugar to the nuts.
- Allow the processor to run while you slowly add oil through the chute.
- Pour into jars or a sealed container and keep at room temperature.