Mango Hummingbird Cupcakes
Pineapple has been replaced with mango in these Hummingbird cupcakes, adding a delicious taste twist! They can be made without refined sugar and are perfect for birthdays, or lunch box treats.
- South African
- 1 large mango, chopped and mashed
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 cups self-raising flour
For the icing
- ½ block/ 125g medium fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 mango, pulped
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Grease silicone moulds or line a baking tin with cupcake cases.
- Whisk the oil and egg together and pour into a bowl with mango, banana and sugar.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, do not over mix, simply fold in gently.
- Spoon into cupcake cases, bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Mix cream cheese with icing, and stir in the mango.
- Serve with cooled cakes and garnish with coconut flakes.