Homemade Marinated Feta for your Mezze
This marinated feta is the perfect way to add new heights to your mezze platter or starter board! Taste of the med with red peppers & olives, serve it with crisp melba toast.
This yields about 1 L, and can be stored in your own airtight container/jar for a month (in the fridge).
- Homemade Products
- South African
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- Olive oil for roasting peppers
- 400g Mountridge Feta
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 180ml (¾ cup) good quality olive oil
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the red and yellow bell peppers into thin strips, place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the peppers for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the feta into small cubes of about 1cm and place it in a large bowl. Add the citrus zest and juice, red chilli, black olives and olive oil. Mix gently without breaking up the feta. Add the parsley, roasted peppers and season to taste.
- Place this mixture into a sterilized jar – it can keep in the fridge for about 1 month.
Pair this amazing marinated feta with some other Mediterranean delights on your mezze board:
Toasted Pita Breads
Nuts in honey with Rosemary
Lamb or Chicken Kebabs
Fresh Tomato, Mint & Cucumber Salad