Mushroom & Thyme sauce
A mushroom sauce is a must-know cooking basic and go-to whenever you need a sauce, especially to pair with lekker braai steaks or veg.
- Sauces & Dips
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time10 minutes
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 500ml (2 cups) pouring cream
- Freshly-ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and sauté the mushrooms until they are golden in colour.
- Add the crushed garlic and thyme and sauté for another minute.
- Lower the pan heat and add the cream. Cook the sauce for about 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by a third. Season to taste and serve with the steak, grilled to your liking.