Garlic Mussels with a Creamed White Wine Broth
25 minutes is all you need to create this impressive, delicious but light mussel dish. This recipe is simple but flavoursome, using the precooked or half-shell mussels makes it even easier. Make the most out of the creamed white wine broth by serving this garlic mussel recipe with fresh paninis or ciabatta to soak up that sauce! A perfect recipe for date night, or make a big pot for family or friends.
- Light Meal
- Low Carb
- Sugar Free
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time10 minutes
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 450g Food Lover’s Signature West Coast half shell mussels, cleaned. OR 454g Food Lover's Whole Mussles, cooked
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) chives, snipped
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly-ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it starts bubbling. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes whilst stirring
- Add 125ml (1/2 cup) of the wine, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and add cream, simmering gently for 5 minutes.
- Place the rest of the wine into a separate saucepan over medium to high heat. Place the mussels into the saucepan with the lid on, steaming for about 5 minutes.
- Add the steamed mussels to the white wine and garlic sauce, stirring in the herbs and seasoning to taste
- Stir to combine, garnish with lemon zest and serve with crusty Food Lover’s paninis.