Orange Marmalade Chicken with Spicy Wedges
Chicken pieces marinated in a simple marinade of orange, marmalade and soy, produce the most tender, juicy and flavoursome chicken. Cooked to sticky perfection on the braai or oven and served with spicy golden brown wedges, this meal is a winner with everyone.
- Chicken and Poultry
Prep Time255 minutes
Cooking Time50 minutes
- 8 large, washed potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp smoked chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp freshly ground salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream for serving
- 16 piece chicken braai pack
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Combine the orange marmalade, tomato sauce, soy sauce, orange juice and crushed garlic in a bowl, stirring well.
- Place the chicken pieces into an extra large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Seal the bag and place it in the fridge, for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Turn the bag around during this time, making sure that the chicken pieces are completely covered in the marinade.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, drain the chicken pieces, retaining the marinade for basting.
- Turn the chicken pieces often until they are cooked through, to your liking.
- If you are cooking them in an oven, place the chicken pieces on an oven tray and cook in a pre heated, 190 C oven, for approximately 45 - 50 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce, at least three to four times, during the cooking process.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges, lengthways, skin on.
- Place them onto an a large oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Using your hands, toss the oil and wedges together. Sprinkle them with the smoked paprika, smoked chilli flakes, crushed garlic, salt and a couple of grinds of black pepper, then toss again, making sure that all the wedges are coated.
- Spread them out on the tray and place into a preheated, 220 C oven, for about 50 minutes, until crisp and golden. Serve hot with sour cream and the grilled orange marmalade chicken pieces.