Nut Butter Popcorn Lollies
Nut butter, popcorn, and chocolate…that’s a winning combo! These popcorn bars are the best thing since marshmallow rice Krispie treats. The kids will love these treats for their next party of movie evening…plus you can even get them to mix the ingredients themselves for a fun activity.
You could also make these into popcorn bars or bites instead of lollies by pressing them into a dish and cutting in bars or rolling them into balls.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
- 7 cups Popped Popcorn
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Almond Butter or Peanut Butter (sugar-free)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Butter
- 300g Marshmallows
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Speckled Eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Astros
- 20 - 24 lolly sticks (*or skewers, cut in half)
- Prepare a 24 cm x 33 cm baking tray with baking paper and non-stick spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the almond butter and butter together. Once melted, stir in the marshmallows until completely incorporated with the almond butter and butter.
- Add the popcorn, Speckled Eggs and Astros and mix well until the marshmallow mixture evenly coats the popcorn.
- Transfer onto the prepared baking tray, push in the lolly sticks (or skewers) and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Cut into your desired shape and size and enjoy.
This recipe is higher in sugar and should be eaten in moderation.