Prune and Coconut Energy Truffles
Are you always on the search for healthy snack option, that can satisfy a sweet tooth too? These energy bites are so great, and the sweet ingredient is prunes! This chocolate coconut prune truffle recipe is just what you need, a perfect pre or post-workout or anytime snack- loaded with antioxidants, fiber and flavour! These bliss balls are also a great, healthier sweet snack for kids. These energy boosting prune truffles are also vegan, dairy-free, vegan, have no refined sugars.
Makes 14-16 balls
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time5 minutes
- 500 ml (2 cups) Food Lover’s Market Unpitted Prunes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut, toasted, plus 30 ml (2 Tbsp) to cover balls
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) almonds, toasted
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Market Coconut Oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Remove the pips from the prunes.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into balls of about 20g each. Roll half of the prune balls in the extra desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
You can make a bulk batch and freeze these prune balls and simply defrost them when you need more for the week.