Fearless Fritter Lunch Box
Inspired by Marvel Ironman, this fearless fritter lunch box is packed with yum and all the right snacks including superfood fritters with an Iron Man cheese cut out, as well as some grape weights. For adults and kids alike, this is just the right packed lunch to take to work or school. An adult may need to add a little more protein or fruit. The kids will be back home, loving you ‘by 3000!’.
Fruit can be replaced by other seasonal fruit of choice. You First snacks bars are an easy snack and treat, here are the flavours available.
Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Herb Fritters:
- 500ml (2 cups) orange sweet potato, cooked
- 250ml (1 cup) You First Quinoa, cooked
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) wholewheat flour
- Handful of robust herbs such as organum or thyme, picked and chopped (or dried herbs)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
The Lunch Box:
- 3 sweet potato, quinoa and herb fritters
- 2-3 slices of cheese, cut into a helmet shape
- 4 cheese cubes of 1x2 cm
- 4-6 grapes, sliced thinly
- You First Snack Bar, of your choice
Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Herb Fritters
- Place the sweet potato in a large mixing bowl and mash fine with a fork, add the quinoa, egg, flour and herbs. Mix until well combined and season to taste.
- Tip - Please keep in mind the moisture content of your cooked sweet potato will have an effect on the moisture content of the mixture – in some cases you will need to add more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the mixture, form the mixture into small patty shapes.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with a dash of oil. Fry all the fritters in batches for about 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Place the sweet potato fritters in your Marvel lunch box and place the helmet shaped cheese slices on the fritters.
- Place the cheese cubes on the toothpicks to make Thor’s Hammer.
- Place 2-3 grape slices on each end of a toothpick to create dumbbells.
- Add all your components to the lunch box, with an extra bunch of grapes and a You First snack bar.
Pack your lunch:
Can I make this a vegan lunch box?
Whilst we have not tested the fritters with Vegan substitutes ourselves, you can replace the egg with a flax egg. The cheese in the lunchbox can be replaced by vegan-friendly cheese (i.e. Violife Cheese alternative, Fairview, Earth&Co Vegan Cheese).
Can I make this lunchbox dairy-free?
Yes! Substitute the cheese for dairy-free cheese, replace it with meat (ham), or add a spread, like hummus.