Pete Goffe-Wood’s Grilled Rib Eye with Masala Butter, Charred Onion Salad & Chips
Spice things up from the kitchen of Pete Goffe-Wood with a Masala Butter Ribeye paired with a charred onion & rocket salad, and simple chips.
- South African
Steak & Chips
- 3kg rib eye
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80ml Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 50g rocket
- 800g red onion cut into thick rounds
- 10ml sherry vinegar
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200g masala butter
- 1kg chips
- 200g unsalted butter
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 10g coriander
- 10g basil
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg yolk
Steak & Chips
- Marinate the steak in the olive oil & Worcestershire sauce. Season liberally with salt and pepper and cook to the desired degree over a hot grill or coals.
- Remove the steak from the heat and leave to rest. while the steak is resting but a large blob of Masala butter on top of the steak.
- Grill the red onion rounds until soft and charred, season with salt and pepper and then dress with the oil & vinegar and them mix together with the rocket.
- Serve the salad alongside the rested steak with chips
- Fry the finely chopped onion & garlic in a little olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Place the onion mix with the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend to a rough paste.
- Add the butter and blend till evenly mix.
- Season to taste
Recipe from the kitchen of Peter Goffe-Wood