Roasted Grapefruit Breakfast Bowls
A Roasted grapefruit recipe…Why would you roast grapefruit?
Well, it’s sweeter, juicier and warmer in Winter! As the temperatures drop, A regular grapefruit or fruit salad and yoghurt might be too cold to think of eating in Winter, but you still want those delicious nutrients. Simply roast your grapefruit (or citrus) to add that element of warmth and a little wholesome sweetness. It’s a super-easy way to take your breakfast to new heights, or enjoyed as a healthy, wholesome dessert! Refined Sugar-free, packed with nutrients and a beautiful bowl, you’re in for a treat!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time10 minutes
For the Roasted Grapefruit
- 2 Star Ruby Grapefruit
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) You First Orange Blossom Raw Honey
For The Breakfast Bowl
- 500ml (2 cups) Lancewood Coconut Yoghurt (Or Coconut Yoghurt of choice)
- 280g Food Lover’s Honey and Almond Muesli or Sugar-Free Muesli
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Oh Mega Salted Caramel Almond Butter (*or nut butter of choice)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Coconut flakes, toasted
- Honey for drizzling
How to roast Grapefruit:
- Slice the grapefruit into thick slices. Heat a pan with the butter and honey on medium heat
- Fry the grapefruit slices in the honey butter until charred.
- Set aside until needed.
- Assemble 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut yoghurt, 70g muesli, and 15ml (1 Tbsp) Salted Caramel Almond Butter per bowl.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, the roasted grapefruit and a drizzle of orange blossom raw honey.
For the Bowls:
- Sugar-Free Alternative: ➝ Substitute the muesli with toasted oats, coconut & nuts.
- Looking for dietary alternatives?
➝ Lancewood Coconut Yoghurt is not dairy-free, but this recipe would work just as well with dairy-free coconut yoghurt, or coconut cream.
- Is grapefruit good for breakfast?
➝ Grapefruit is considered one of the top 20 things to eat for breakfast from health.com. It is low in calories, hydrating and a superfood. They go on to say, it can lower blood pressure, cholesterol and is a great immune system booster!
- What can you do if your grapefruit is sour?
➝ This recipe is perfect for sour grapefruit with sweet honey and delicious caramel balancing the flavours. Taste your grapefruit first and you can amend how much sweet you add to the dish.