Wine Roasted Grapes with Ice Cream and Spiced Nuts
Have you ever tried roasting grapes? What about roasting them in dessert wine?! Yes, we roasted grapes in the fermented version of themselves😉 . A perfectly balanced dessert explores different flavours, textures and temperatures. If you’re looking for something that will WOW any foodie, look no further and try this exciting combination of roasted sweet wine grapes and ice cream topped with lightly roasted and spiced nuts. Try this recipe!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
- 500 g Food Lover’s Market White Seedless Grapes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Sweet (dessert) wine of your choice
- 250 ml (1 cup) Food Lover’s Market Mixed Nuts
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cardamom
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) You First Orange Blossom Honey
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the grapes and sweet wine in an ovenproof ceramic dish and bake for about 12-15 minutes until sticky and soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the spiced nuts, roughly chop the nuts and toast them in a medium pan on a moderate heat.
- Add the spices and honey and allow to caramelize. Set aside to cool.
- Scoop the ice cream in a bowl and top with the roasted grapes and spiced nuts. Garnish with fresh mint.