Roasted Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, one of the best ways to enjoy potatoes…Hasselback! These Hasselback sweet potatoes are extremely versatile, they can be served with absolutely anything — as a side or as a main on their own.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Low Fat
- Sugar Free
- 8 small to medium-sized red sweet potatoes
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) Food Lover’s Signature extra virgin
- Olive oil
- Freshly-ground salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup (125ml) Parmesan cheese, grated (or Vegan parmesan)
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease an oven dish. Using a small sharp knife, cut the sweet potatoes three-quarters of the way through at 3mm intervals.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven dish,
- ensuring there is space between each potato.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Roast for a further 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
Can you Hasselback other vegetables?
YES! Of course, you can, you can make Hasselback potatoes, turnips, butternuts, and more.
What can I serve with these Hasselback sweet potatoes?
We recommend serving these sweet potatoes with a signature rump steak and a mushroom sauce. A succulent roast chicken, or enjoy them as a main dish with a green chimichurri sauce, or this chickpea filling.