Schnitzel Caprese with Avocado
Take your regular weeknight schnitzel to new heights simply by adding Caprese flavours of Mozzarella, Basil & Tomato, plus we add an Avocado in this recipe! This recipe is brought you by
- Chicken and Poultry
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 4 crumbed schnitzels, chicken, beef, pork or vegetarian
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 thick slices ripe tomato
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil Basil pesto to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the schnitzels on the tray.
- Top each schnitzel with the slices of tomato, mozzarella and alternate with sliced avocado and basil leaves, drizzle with avocado oil.
- Bake according to instruction on the packaging, until the schnitzels are golden brown, and the mozzarella melted.
- Serve hot with a dollop of pesto and extra sliced avocado.