Sticky Mango Ribs with mango boozy BBQ sauce
Who doesn’t love sticky ribs? These sticky mango ribs will have the kids asking for more, and are pretty good for adults too!
Sauce can be store in a sealed container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- South African
Cooking Time10 minutes
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup bourbon (optional – may replace with apple juice)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4cm ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until slightly thickened and sticky. Leave to cool.
- Pour over beef or pork ribs and marinate for 2- 3 hours.
- Bake in a preheated oven until ribs are cooked and crispy.
- serve with fresh green salad