Stone Fruit and Blueberry Custard Tart
Custard-lovers and fruit-lovers alike will love this pretty summer tart. Fresh, sweet and tart stone fruit, topped with vanilla custard and berries on a crisp biscuit base.
Prep Time45 minutes
Cooking Time3 hours
For The Base
- 2 x packs (400g) coconut biscuits
- 200g butter, melted
For The Filling
- 4-6 nectarines, halved & stones removed
- 500ml (2 cups) whipping cream
- 750ml (3 cups) vanilla custard
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
For The Topping
- 50g light brown sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) runny honey
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8-10 apricots, halved and stones removed
- 125g blueberries
For The Base
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor and add the melted butter to combine.
- To test if the base will hold, press some of the biscuit mixture against the side of the food processor bowl.
- If it holds shape it is the right consistency.
- Line your serving dish of about 40cm wide and 8cm high (or similar) with the coconut biscuit base and set aside until needed.
- Place the nectarine halves in your biscuit lined dish.
- Whip the cream to a stiff peak and fold in your custard and vanilla extract.
- Spread the custard topping over the nectarines inside your biscuit base.
- Place the tart in the fridge for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the light brown sugar, honey, water and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan and cook on a low heat for about 10-12 minutes, or until reduced by 1/3.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the apricots, plums and blueberries and use this as your topping for the custard tart.
- Drizzle with honey right before serving.