Stuffed Grilled Chicken Breast with Spinach, Feta & Soy Sauce
- Chicken and Poultry
Prep Time1 hour
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 8 large skinned chicken breast fillets
- Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Asian 5-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Bean sprouts or alfalfa 1 pack spinach
- +/-100g /2 rounds of feta, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toothpicks for sealing
- Sweet Indonesian Soy sauce (for serving)
- Place a large pot with a little water on the stove and allow to boil.
- Add the spinach and steam until wilted. Cool by pouring cold water over the spinach once cooked.
- Slice a pocket into the chicken and open up onto a cutting board.
- Sprinkle a little 5-spice powder and nutmeg over the breast.
- Place a leaf of spinach onto the breast and add a spoonful of feta cheese onto the breast.
- Carefully roll the chicken breast from one side until it meets the other end and seal with the toothpicks, keeping the filling intact.
- Place into a container and refrigerated for 10-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a little vegetable oil and 4-5 drops of the sesame oil. Seal the chicken all over and remove from heat.
- Place the sealed chicken breast into an ovenproof bowl and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken breast is cooked through.
- Once cooked, slice in thick slices
- Drizzle Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce.
- Dress with white bean sprouts or alfalfa as an option.